- Technology, implementation of that technology and viable financial business models are beginning to align for governments to capitalize on new opportunities.
- The influx of residents to city centers provides challenges to infrastructure, but also opportunities to mine and monetize data.
- Traffic continues to be the greatest pain point for residents but also opportunity for relief by utilizing aggregated data.
- Open Data has unlimited potential to improve cities, offering significant economic value to the community and private investors.
- The current Achilles heel of Smart Cities is clarity around creation of a viable financial business model that balances the privacy of the citizenry, with an economic return to all parties.
- Public-Private partnerships appear to be the clearest path forward.